You may not know which of today’s kitchen styles you like. But you just might know it when you see it.
It’s a lot like the dynamics of falling in love. You don’t analyze why you’re attracted to one person and not another…
“Look at that really cute guy over there! Tall, dark and handsome.”
“Hmmm…I kind of like the short guy who’s always laughing.”
Style always makes a statement: your statement
Even in kitchen design it expresses who you are and who you aspire to be.
Your personal style is important when designing a kitchen. You use it to choose big design elements like cabinetry, flooring, and appliances.
And, with those components in place, you’ll take your style even further with color schemes and accessories – from window treatments to wall decor.
It all adds up to create the “heart of the home” – your kitchen!
Your style can be unique
Don’t jump into a decision. Let it simmer slowly. Think about colors you love or what makes one room feel homey to you and another leaves you cold.
This is probably the most emotional choice of kitchen design.
Other things like appliance colors come later and grow out of your style direction…style itself is a feeling. And when the feeling is right, you’re on the right track.
Other people like to influence their friends and families when it comes to style. Try to find “alone time” to make this choice.
Sometimes style is affected by the fact that you have other people to please. But it’s important to have your own starting point before you compromise – or you may end up with something not your style at all!
Kitchen styles can be mixed together
You don’t have to settle for just one style!
Beautiful kitchens often balance one prominent theme with touches of others.
This modern kitchen adds a dash of retro with bright red touches.
Which is one is the most “you”?
- Cottage Kitchen Design: Sweet, charming, homespun, romantic. Happiness is an uncomplicated life.
- Country Kitchen Design: Comfy, warm, family atmosphere. Classic or rustic Americana. Home is where the heart is.
- European Kitchen Design: Continental flair, old world charm. A touch of sophistication. World traveler comes home to roost.
- Modern Kitchen Design: Clean, sleek and elegant, everything under control. My world is in perfect order.
- Tradtional Kitchen Design: Classy, timeless, a perfect fit in any home. All is right with the world.
- Eclectic Kitchen Design: Bold, original, whimsy, excitement. Crazy wonderful. Every day being me is an adventure.
If you want to design, remodel or do a full kitchen renovation in your Kanata, ON home give us a call at Crown Kitchen Design!